The Yarmouth County Museum and Archives may be the ideal place to partially host your family reunion. While we do not offer accommodation or regularly scheduled meals, we can provide elements of your family party to make it a truly memorable, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
With a minimum of two months' advance notice, we would be able to:
- arrange displays of artifacts, documents and photographs pertaining to your family
- arrange for registration to take place here
- offer guided tours of the Museum, the Pelton-Fuller House and the Killam Brothers Building
- host a wine and cheese reception up to 75, or a breakfast or luncheon for up to 55 people
- arrange for a professional photographer and videographer to document your special family event with photos and/or a DVD
- arrange a guided walking tour of the Heritage District of Yarmouth, with "detours" to other streets with beautiful historic homes
- arrange day trips by bus to noteworthy historic sites or parks in Yarmouth County, including the Yarmouth Lightstation, Town Point in Chebogue, or Lake Ellenwood Provincial Park
Family reunions can keep your family history alive and family ties strong! The Yarmouth County Museum and Archives would be pleased to help.
Please contact the Director of the Museum for more information, including answers to general queries and quotes on applicable fees.